Kaplan Turbine Test Rig, technical teaching equipment for engineering Our organization is regarded among the authentic manufacturers and exporters of optimum quality Kaplan Turbine Test Rig.
Highly acknowledged for its corrosion resistance, shock proof body
construction and hassle-free operation, offered equipment is extensively
demanded among our huge client base.
- Kaplan Turbine is an axial flow reaction turbine named in honour of Dr. B. Kaplan, a German Engineer.
turbine is suitable for low head. The power produced by a turbine is
proportional to QH. As the head (H) decreases the discharge (Q) must
increase to produce the same power.
- The present set-up consists of a scroll casing housing a runner.
- Water enters the turbine through the stationary guide vanes and passes through the runner axially.
- The runner has a hub and airfoil vanes,which are mounted on it . The water is fed to the turbine by means of Centrifugal Pump.
- The runner is directly mounted on one end of a central shaft and other end is connected to a brake arrangement.
transparent hollow cylinder made of acrylic is fitted in between the
draught tube and the casing for observation of flow on to the airfoil
- This runner assembly is supported by thick cast iron
pedestal. Load is applied to the turbine with the help of drum brake
arrangement so that the efficiency of the turbine can be calculated.
- The set-up is supplied with control panel.
- Pressure and Vacuum gauges are fitted at the inlet and outlet of the turbine to measure the total supply head on the turbine.
- To study the operation of Kaplan turbine
- To determine the Output Power of Kaplan Turbine
- To determine the turbine efficiency
- Electricity Supply: Three phase, 420 VAC, 50 Hz, 32 Amp. 4 Pole MCB with earth connection.
- Water supply (Initial Fill)
- Floor Drain Required.
- Floor Area required: 3.5 x 1.5 m
- Tachometer to measure RPM
- Mercury for Manometer (250gms)
- Output Power: 1 kW
- Discharge: 1000 LPM
- Supply Head: 5-8 M
- Normal Speed: 2000 RPM
- Dynamometer: Rope Brake type
- Water Circulation: Centrifugal Pump, CRI/Standard, Make, Capacity 5 HP, 3 Phase
- Discharge Measurement: Pitot Tube with Manometer
- Sump Tank: Capacity 200 Ltrs
- Pressure Measurement: Pressure Gauge & Vacuum Gauge
- Piping & Fittings: Pipes & fittings with flow control valves of suitable size
- Control Panel Comprises of: L&;T make Starter, Mains Indicator,MCB for overload protection.
- Instruction Manual: An ENGLISH instruction manual will be provided along with the Apparatus
- Tanks will be made of Stainless Steel
- The whole set-up is well designed and arranged in a good quality painted structure
Kaplan Turbine Test Rig
We are leading manufacturers, suppliers & exporters of Kaplan Turbine Test Rig for engineering schools. Contact us to get high quality designed Kaplan Turbine Test Rig for engineering schools for schools, colleges, universities, research labs, laboratories and various industries. We accept bulk orders for government tenders in all countries around the globe.